1/05/2015

Instantly Smoother Skin

Are you one of those filter loving types?  Do you love the way your skin looks when you use the smooth skin (or blur) feature on your photos before you show them off to the world?  Well you are looking at a beauty product that gives you smooth skin instantly by mattifying your face, filling in your pores, and temporarily diminishing your fine lines/wrinkles. The 5 Sec Blur Instant Smoother ($15 - Drugstore) from Garnier uses a light reflecting technology to make your face appear a bit porcelain -- without the shine. Now, before you get too excited, everyone has different skin so effects of this product may not work as well as it does on others. However, it works for me when I want a smoother face before applying my makeup. It feels really great on the skin as well. Some people have used this as their primer,  however, my skin needs a bit more help in the Anti-Shine department so I use this along with a primer. 




My routine before applying makeup:



- Wash and pat dry my face.
- Lightly Apply vitamin C serum. (If I have any dark marks on my cheeks or forehead. This is optional, and as needed.)
- Apply a dime size amount of sunscreen (all year round).
- Apply a dime size amount of the 5 Sec Blur Instant Smoother cream all over my face. 
- Apply my primer to my T-Zone (forehead, nose and cheeks).
Note: I've used plenty primers, and the best primer for me has been Milk of Magnesia. Yes, it's used as a laxative and yes its only about $2-$5 depending on where you buy it. However it has been the best Anti-Shine solution for me for years. I can go 6-8 hours without any oil build up on my face. Perfect for working women, long evening events, and brides.

It may seem like a lot of prepping, however, I want to make sure my skin is clean, hydrated, and properly primed before I apply makeup. The long term effects will be rewarding if you protect your skin from all that makeup now.

Hope this helps. 

Xoxo