1/08/2015

My Top 5 Drugstore Makeup Brands

I love a great quality (and CHEAP!) makeup product that works just as well as expensive makeup brands. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my fair share of MAC and Dior beauty products, however, I am not going to pretend like I don't have a few items in the $2 range.

Nonetheless, nothing beats finding items such as powders, foundations, brow pencils, lip sticks, and so much more for $10 or less. These are my Top 5 favorite makeup brands, and NO they are not in a specific order, but the first one is truly the icing on the cake.



1. NYX - You can find items from $2 - $30 in this makeup line. I use their matte lipsticks and eyebrow pencils, but you can also find a full range of beauty products from primers, bb creams, eyebrow gels, and much more. NYX can go head-to-head with ANY expensive makeup brand out there, for HALF the price!! I am still in awe by how many items this brand has for very low prices.






2. E.L.F. - Now lets get one thing straight, ELF has the cheapest makeup products that I have ever used! Their items start at $1! I have hit the jackpot many times with this brand, and I love the products I currently use. I have the finishing mist, a few brushes, the eyeshadow primer, and the eyebrow gel duo. All of that for about $10. Yep... thank me later.






3. Black Opal - I love how this line is becoming widely popular because of their great (meltable) foundation sticks that blend very well on olive to cocoa skin complexions. They also carry concealers, even-tone skin care lotions, and hair care products. The line is a bit in the "I think about it before I purchase it" price range (for me), but if you don't mind dropping a few extra dollars you can find items in this line from $5 - $40.  I adore my finishing powder because it gives me full coverage with just a few pats on the face.



4. Wet N Wild - If you need a quick fix in the beauty department, then WnW has your back. From $1 eyeliners, to $4 eyebrow kits, you can find whatever you need in this line. I have been saved many times when I ran out of my beauty supply store favs, and the 24-hour Rite Aid near my house was open to replace these items. This line is fun, has bright colors, and is very affordable with prices ranging from $1 - $20. They even have great matte lipsticks, and funky color nail polishes. Whenever you need that quick fix, Wet n Wild always comes through!



5. L.A. Girl - Last, but certainly not least. LA Girl has made its way on the beauty scene with the very popular Pro Conceal HD Concealer (my color is FAWN btw)! This concealer has duped so many other popular brands for 2 reasons: full creamy coverage and only $5! No other concealer contours and highlights a face for that low price! They also have lip balms, nail essentials, and so much more for pennies on the dollar.

Now there you have it! My TOP 5 favorite and VERY affordable drugstore makeup brands. If you aren't sure where to find them, check out CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, Walgreens, or Drugstore.com.


Stay Beautiful!

-xoxo