3/27/2015

DIY: Smokey Eyes

So I've been dibbling and dabbling in makeup lately. I've always done my own face very well (give me 1 hour and watch me beat my face to the gawds!), however I am still learning how to do other faces and most importantly; eyeshadows.
My pinterest inspiration
Doing eyes properly takes skill, precision, and a few great brushes. I have always been a fan of intense eyes through the use of dark eyeshadows and black eyeliner. I seriously can't go anywhere without my black liner. So it was only right that I put my latest pinterest obsession and skills to the test by attempting a super dark smokey eye on my model below.

step-by-step tutorial (via pinterest)
It was fun attempting this look and I am really happy that it came out great. It took me about 30 mins to do her eyes because I went very slow, followed the above step-by-step pictutorial carefully, and took my time to make it perfect. I used Becca Cosmetics nude palette, BH Cosmetics matte palette, $1 store NK black eyeliner, and Antonym Cosmetic brushes. What do you guys think? Did I nail it?
My version of the above picture. Makeup done by ME.
PS. I filtered her skin in the final edit because I did not focus too much attention on it and wanted a smooth finish. I left the eyes and brows unretouched. Yes her blue eyes are piercing!