3/03/2015

REVIEW: ORS Scalp Scrub - Thin Edges

Weak edges run in my family, especially for the women. My hair can grow to mid-back length, but my thin edges won't allow me to enjoy the growth. Thinning hair can be caused by alot of things, such as tight hair styles, genetics, and alopecia.

My edges are not HORRIBLE, but they have become thinner over the years. I will gladly show pictures, after I thicken them up a bit with a few products I am currently using. One of the products I am using is called Organic Root Stimulator Scalp Scrub, and it is made of a mix that stimulates hair follicles in areas of the scalp that may be lifeless and thinning.

Example of someone that used the ORS Scalp Scrub for 90 days (you can find this video on youtube)
 I mix my scalp scrub with baking soda (as required in directions), and a tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper for added stimulation. Everyone has different hair and scalps, so please do not add pepper to your mix if you have a sensitive scalp. I added this pepper because according to the ORS site, this scrub uses capsicum as one of the ingredients to stimulate hair follicles, and cayenne pepper has high amounts of this ingredient.
Scrub comes with 3 mixing bowls, a shower cap, a mixing cup, and a toothbrush.
I will be updating you guys on the progress of this product on my hair, and bringing you more posts on this issue because I know so many people struggle with thin hair, premature balding, and alopecia. I am also using an essential oil mix that I made myself after years of researching, as well as, trail and error. This oil mix has helped me tremendously over the years, so I am positive if I pair it up with this scalp scrub, my edges will be luscious and full by the summer time.

You can purchase this scalp scrub from the ORS site, or visit your local beauty supply store. It ranges from $9.99-$11.00, depending on your location.

xoxo