6/09/2015

Skin Is In!!

How is your skin? Is it dry, uneven, or breaking out? How often do you wash your face? Are you using bar soap or a cleanser? Once upon a time I was lost in the sauce and my skin suffered tremendously. I broke out non stop, had tons of dark marks on my face, and went to sleep with makeup on.
I have come a long way since then, and now I enjoy the fact that I can wear light makeup because I stepped up my skincare routine and stopped disguising my impurities with caked on foundation. When I muster up the courage to step outside without any makeup, I get tons of compliments on my skin smoothness and glow. Well sharing is caring, and it's only right that I share my updated skincare routine. 
MORNING:
  1. Avene Mattifying Cleansing Foam to wash my face
  2. Avene Thermal Water Spray to smooth and plump up my skin
  3. Avene Eye Contour cream for dark circles, lines, and puffiness (yes by 25 you must begin the prevention stage)
  4. Derma E Brightening Serum to wake up dull skin by giving my face a glow
  5. Avene SPF 50 Mineral Face Lotion to moisturize my skin (Always use sunscreen!!)
AFTERNOON (before bed):

  1. Cetaphil Normal Skin Daily Facial Cleanser to wash my face 
  2. Dermalogica Microfoliant Scrub to exfoliate the dead skin and grime that my cleanser may have missed. 
  3. Derma E Very Clear Astringent toner (just started using this) to suck out any impurities and close pores
  4. Derma E Brightening Night Cream to hydrate and brighten my skin as I sleep
  5. Tip: I always sleep with lip balm on so my lips do not dry up due to the air. Dryness causes wrinkles!
PRE-MAKEUP:
  1. Steps from "Morning" routine
  2. Milk of Magnesia or Becca Ever Matte Primer to prime and mattify my oily skin
  3. Then I apply my everyday makeup look: BB Cream, Concealer, and Eyeliner.
To Remove MAKEUP:
  1. Avene Mattifying Cleansing Foam to wash my face
  2. Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo to wash my eyes if I wear heavy eye makeup
  3. OR on lazy nights: Simple makeup wipes dipped in Avene floral water to clean my face.
  4. Spray on One Love Organics Vitamin D Moisture Mist
  5. Proceed with moisturizer
ACNE / IMPERFECTIONS (once a week):
  1. Wash my face with Avene cleansing foam
  2. Apply RX Skin Therapy clarifying mask for 20 mins
  3. Moisturize skin with tea tree oil drops
For most people this may seem like a lot of products and steps to remember. However, because I work in beauty I am able to focus my attention on my skincare routine and the products I use. If you want something a bit more simple, then all you need is: a Cleanser, Toner, SPF Lotion, and a good acne mask or scrub for when you break out. 
These products should cater to your skin type and needs. Do not follow the hype and buy things based on commercials or popularity. Everyone's skin is different, so you have to find the right products that will keep your skin youthful, vibrant, and beautiful. Email me for any skincare questions you have: info@beyondyourbeauty.com.