6/11/2015

DIY :: Charcoal To Whiten Teeth?!?

So I have become a pinterest fanatic, and with that obsession has come the desire to try out everything I see on there. My latest craze has been oral hygiene and ways to make my smile brighter so it lights up a room. While searching on pinterest, I came across a few posts on using activated charcoal to whiten teeth.

Now, why would I go and buy something that will make my teeth as black as, well... charcoal? Well I love DIY projects, and this just seemed too crazy not to try. The proof is in the pudding because I tried it myself, and here are my results:

My teeth during and after!
It worked!! I am just as shocked as you are. The charcoal capsules are made to absorb and/or dissipate toxins, contaminates, gas, and impurities when swallowed in capsule form. So not only does it help with farts (yes, it calms down those bad boys), but it also sucks the toxins out of pretty much everything it touches. You can use this as a facial mask to lift oil, to cure stomach aches due to food, to treat bug bites by sucking out the poison, or to whiten teeth by removing deep surface stains! Best part is: it's NON-TOXIC so it wont irritate your teeth! This is a natural detoxification substance that can be used as often as needed.


Steps to Whiten Teeth with activated charcoal:
1. Brush teeth with regular tooth paste and rinse your mouth.
2. Open up 2 charcoal capsules and pour the powder onto your damp toothbrush.
3. Brush your teeth with the powder for about 2-5 mins. 
4. Let it sit on your teeth for about 2 mins.
5. Rinse teeth and tongue thoroughly with warm water,
and brush your teeth with regular tooth paste again.
6. That's it!

Tip: Do not be alarmed if you have black residue left on your teeth or gums. It will go away with your saliva in a few hours. I saw results after the first use, but everyone is different so if you do not see a major change, try it out again in a few days.