12/26/2014

Dollar Store Beauty Haul


There is nothing better than getting beauty essentials for pennies on the dollar. I love visiting the local dollar store near my mom's house in MD (Dollar Tree to be exact) because everything is literally $1 or less. Unlike other "dollar stores" that have $1.99 plus price tags in NYC. You can always find great deals on beauty products that don't have to be pricey in order to work well. 

Here are the things I got today to add to my beauty products at home: (left to right)

1. 2 pack black wig cap - To tame those cornrows under my wig units.

2. Thermal conditioner cap - Since I do not have a hood dryer, this allows for deeper penetration of my conditioners.

3. Facial brush - Will be used when I wash my face. The other brushes are just too expensive, and this one is going to be manually circulated by my hands so no abrasive brushing.

4. Teeth Whitening strips - Yea this was random, but if it works, I would stop using the crest ones. The purpose is to save money here. Note: I only whiten about twice a year.

5. Mascara - I only use each mascara for about a month, and I change between drug store and dollar store brands.  No harm done here, but use at your own discretion. 

6. Liquid eye liner 

7. Dental floss plackers - Dentist say this isn't as effective as string flossing. What do I say? Some flossing is better than NO FLOSSING. I enjoy the convenience. Next! 

8.  Oil Absorbing blotting paper - For the oily nose and forehead (with and without makeup).

9. Makeup remover wipes

10. Bobby pins (big and small)

Also, I got a few other things but that's just TMI for the blog. 

What can you find at your local dollar store? 

Xoxo